Friday, April 6, 2012

Can I use and AMD video card with an intel motherboard?

I know it may seem like a stupid question, but this is my first computer build, and im just trying to make sure all my parts are compatible. Below are links to the video card im getting, as well as the motherboard.



Mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128488



Video card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-161-387&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo|||The_Bill is right. There's no problem pairing a Intel CPU with an AMD video card or vice versa.

Some people say that AMD cards work better with AMD CPU's and Intel CPU's work better with NVIDIA cards. Those people don;t know what they're on about. There is ZERO evidence that shows any type of pairing like this is beneficial in the slightest.



I'm running an Intel chip and an AMD card myself and i researched exactly what you're asking.|||Yes... I have. I had a Radeon 5870 running with a Core i7-930 processor.



There is no performance hit or anything like that. The card will perform up to standard.



Anyone who says Intel processors need to be paired with Nvidia cards and Radeon cards need to be paired with AMD processor is a naive Nobo|||Yes you can|||Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment